Biscoff rice flakes porridge is a great way to start your day. It’s filling, sweet, and can be topped with almost anything.
Looking for a simple, sweet, and filling breakfast recipe that doesn’t take long to make? This biscoff rice flakes porridge ticks all the boxes.
It uses only three ingredients, and could be topped with anything you like.
Think chopped nuts, crushed biscoff biscuits, fresh fruits such as strawberries or blueberries, the possibilities are endless!
What are rice flakes?
Rice flakes are flattened grains of rice. The rice grains are first partially boiled and then they are flattened.
They make a great alternative to oats if you are looking for something different.
There are a many different kinds of rice flakes. From brown rice flakes, white rice flakes, and even black rice flakes.
Any kind of rice flakes can be used for this overnight rice recipe.
Rice flakes can be used for cereals, snacks, or even as a dessert.
What is Biscoff?
Biscoff is a type of sweet crisp cookies. These cookies originate from Lembeke, in Belgium.
These cookies have a unique taste because of the spices that are used to make them. Biscoff cookies have a hint of cinnamon and caramel, amongst other flavors.
Biscoff can be bought in both spread form or cookie form.
Biscoff spread has a texture like peanut butter.
For this biscoff rice flakes porridge recipe, you can use crunchy or smooth biscoff spread.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Only three ingredients needed to make this rice flakes porridge
- Simple to make.
- Ready in under 10 minutes.
- Great for a filling breakfast.
- Top with anything you like, such as fresh fruits, crushed biscoff biscuits, or even chopped nuts.
Cost To Make
Estimated cost = $1.85
Please note that below is a guide for some of the ingredients we used in the recipe. The printable recipe further down the page has the complete list of ingredients, including quantities and step-by-step instructions.
- Rice flakes
- Milk of choice
- Biscoff spread: smooth or crunchy.
This recipe for biscoff rice flakes porridge serves 1. The ingredients can easily be adjusted to suit how many serves you need to make.
Step One: In a small saucepan, place the rice flakes and milk. Place over medium to high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
Step Two: Once at a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the rice flakes become soft.
Step Three: Remove from heat and then mix through the biscoff spread. Serve.
Substitutions / Variations
You could add a dash of vanilla extract to make a vanilla rice flakes porridge.
Enjoy this biscoff rice flakes porridge plain, or top with:
- Crushed biscoff biscuits
- Chocolate sauce
- Fresh fruits and berries, like banana, strawberries, or blueberries
- Chopped nuts
This biscoff rice flakes porridge is best served on the day it is made. However, any leftover porridge can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container.
To reheat, you can use a microwave or the stovetop.
Made this recipe? Let us know how it went in the comments below! We'd love to hear how it turned out.
Biscoff Rice Flakes Porridge
- ½ cup (40 grams, 1.41 ounces) rice flakes
- ¾ cup (188 ml/g) milk of choice
- 1 ½ tablespoons (22 grams, 0.78 ounces) biscoff spread smooth or crunchy
- In a small saucepan, place the rice flakes and milk. Place over medium to high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once at a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the rice flakes become soft.
- Remove from heat and then mix through the biscoff spread. Serve.